Dr. Teitelbaum's S.H.I.N.E.® Protocol for CFS & Fibromyalgia
Dr. Jacob Teitelbaum's Online Training
In his 30 years of clinical experience treating CFS/FMS, and in his landmark published research on CFS/FMS (published in the Journal of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome), Dr. Teitelbaum has found that his S.H.I.N.E.® approach is successful in the vast majority of patients. S.H.I.N.E.® identifies five key areas related to the body that, when addressed in combination, provide a blueprint for promoting optimal energy. Tending to these can help you maintain healthy energy levels when you are well, and can help support recovery when dealing with CFS and fibromyalgia.
- SLEEP: Get adequate sleep, preferably eight to nine hours a night. Sleep replenishes the body's energy and heals its muscles. Inadequate sleep will leave you exhausted and in pain.
- HORMONES: Get tested for hormone deficiency and treated if needed. Hormone deficiencies can contribute to fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome.
- IMMUNITY: Get treatment when symptoms of infections occur. The lack of restorative sleep in CFS/FM leads to dysfunctional immune systems. Underlying viral, bacterial, bowel, sinus and yeast infections are common and can be a contributing cause or result of CFS/FM.
- NUTRITON: To maintain normal health and optimal energy levels you need to be sure your body is getting a proper balance of nutrition, particularly as nutritional deficiencies can result from CFS/FM. Vitamin B-12, magnesium, Acetyl L-Carnitine, glutathione, as well as your basic A, B, C and D vitamins are especially vulnerable to depletion from this.
- EXERCISE: Exercise as able. After 10 weeks on the 4 steps above, you will be able to slowly increase your exercise-without being wiped out the next day!
This course will train you how to use these research-backed techniques to effectively treat the root causes of CFS and fibromyalgia.
If you are a healthcare practitioner, you can have your practice added to our "CFS/Fibromyalgia Practitioner Referral List" after you complete the course. This is a searchable database that allows people seeking CFS and fibromyalgia treatment to find practitioners trained in Dr. Teitelbaum's S.H.I.N.E.® protocol. The list is hosted at Vitality101.com (specifically at the page vitality101.com/find-practitioners). It is also available through Dr. Teitelbaum's web store at EndFatigue.com.
Your cart is empty